WinZip Standard vs WinZip Pro Features Comparison Review
Posted by Paul Wilson on 27.12.2017
Features of WinZip standard
WinZip standard is very fast when it comes to compress, zip, encrypt and share files. It is the world's number one zip utility and it comes with the following features:
- It can unzip all major file formats.
- It zips to reduce the email attachment files.
- It come with banking level 256-encryption to protect files before sharing.
- You can access your files directly from your PC. The software can also be integrated into cloud storage systems.
- It works with third party platforms like Google Drive, Drop Box, OneDrive and many more.
- One of the newly added features is the ability to unzip to the folder displayed in the Pane of the WinZip with a single click of a button.
- There is a simple prompt that simplifies unzipping from internet explorer as well as WinZip Ribbon.
- It encrypts all archives.
- It can be integrated into most types of cloud storage and social media networks.
- It comes with a revamped social media interface.
- Provides a much faster zipping.
- It comes with a plugin for Microsoft Outlook.
- It comes with a ZipSend feature that guarantees large email attachments and,
- It can convert to PDF files.
- At a price of 34.64 Euro, this software may be expensive for many users.
Features of WinZip Pro
The WinZip Pro is the advanced form of the WinZip standard, hence it comprises of many of the features found in the standard version plus several upgrades. With this software you can decrease the size of a file very fast and then send it via email or even upload it unto the internet server. Installing this software will require Windows XP minimum OS, and Internet explorer 8.0 or newer. The main features of the WinZip Pro are:
- It comes with a new rich file management for easier usage.
- Comes with a more flexible conversion and can streamline your sharing depending on your preference.
- Compression is up to 50% more than WinZip standard hence you can save more disk space and time.
- It is twice as fast as the WinZip standard and compresses even more to save more space and time.
- It comes with backups for all files being compressed, zipped and unzipped.
- The installer is 1mb in size, but the software itself has a he size of 100MB.
- At a price of 59.45 Euro, it is quite expensive.
Features Comparison table - WinZip Standard vs WinZip Pro
Does not come with a preview pane
With a single button you can click the image information button inside the preview pane to see the details of image or files - these include the file size, pixels and dimensions. With this preview, you can even scroll down through the files and make use of touch displays to rotate and resize the images
It starts from $29.95
Starts from 59.45 Euro
Sharing and packaging
You can add not more than 2 different accounts for the cloud and IM service
You can add up to 16 different accounts for each of the cloud and IM service you require
You can share files directly from the WinZip until you open the zip folder
You scan and share images directly from the WinZip. You can also share photos from your camera with the snap and share feature. You can also share un-zipped file with the use of File viewer, and unto your social media profile
Backup and Automation
You need to backup manually, whether on external media or cloud storage
It comes with automatic email backups from any email address and you can upload backup from offsite servers. You can make use of social media or instant messaging or through the available Job Wizard on the software
There is no doubt here that the clear winner is the WinZip Pro, which has more advanced and newly introduced features plus upgraded features than the WinZip standard which is considered as a zip file software for the amateurs or beginner users. If you want more than just zipping and unzipping, you should consider the WinZip Pro because it compresses even more, thus saving you more time and even provides more space. WinZip Pro also comes with several added backup options that makes your files even much saver and easily retrievable from your social media account and off-site cloud storage systems. On the other hand, the WinZip standard is ideal if you prefer a basic compression, zipping and unzipping of files.
50% Off WinZip 22 Pro Coupon Code
No code required