Penji Review 2021: Unlimited Design Service – Who is it For?
If you’re looking around for a graphic design service, you’ve probably come across Penji. Depending on your needs and approach, this service provider can be your best secret weapon… or an unnecessary expense.
In this review, we’ll lay down the pros and cons of getting a subscription. Then, we’ll try to zero in on who can best benefit from the service. Plus, we’ll also throw in a few hacks to get your every penny’s worth from the service. So pull up a chair and get ready to learn.
- One of the upsides of Penji is the ease of use it offers. As described above, the company has a specialized app that makes creating projects and requesting revisions super easy. In addition to that, the platform is user-friendly, and you won’t need to devote a lot of time to learn how to use it.
- Compared to hiring freelancers, Penji offers a more reliable service option. Yes, you can hire someone to make you a logo for as cheap as $5 in an online job marketplace. But cheap services come at a price. You can learn this the hard way when a designer goes MIA, and you don’t have anyone to blame but yourself. A graphic design company like Penji already has a system in place to ensure that no project gets left behind.
- The 24 to 48-hour turnaround time helps ensure that you won’t find yourself in a bind when it comes to campaign schedules.
- Penji hires the top 2 percent designers. So, you can expect excellent results from their team.
- The company has a team of designers with different expertise. As a result, your projects will be assigned to someone well-versed in that industry or graphic material.
- If you’ve been a patron of cheaper designs, you may find Penji’s rates a bit steep.
- You might not be able to get the most out of your every buck if you don’t need a lot of designs done per month.
Penji prides itself in providing unlimited graphic design for a flat monthly rate. Based in Camden, NJ, this startup hit the ground running when it first opened doors a few years ago. And up until today, their goal remains to offer quality graphic designs that aren’t only fast, simple, but also affordable.
If you’re a conscious shopper when it comes to products and services you buy, then Penji will surely measure up. This community-driven startup pledges ten percent of its monthly profits to assist organizations that are helping others. In addition to that, they also provide a special discounted rate to power up social-impact startups and nonprofits.
The graphic design platform offers a wide range of graphic designs. Here are some of the materials that you can ask their designers to create for you:
- Pitch decks
- App design
- Web design
- Digital ads
- Social media content
- Custom Illustrations
- Business cards
- Flyers & sales sheet
- Promotional materials
- Books and magazines
- Packaging and Labels, and
So, how does one use the platform? Penji takes pride in offering an easy three-step process of requesting designs.
A Penji subscription will give you access to their app. There, you can create a project by typing in a title and selecting a category. Then, you’ll describe the graphic that you have in mind in a project brief. Once you submit the project, you’ll have to wait 24 to 48 hours for the draft.
Review and Revise
An assigned designer will send you a draft of the design. The file will be available to view within the thread. If you need anything revised, you can click anywhere on the image and type in your comments. You can also give the designer additional instructions within the thread.
Based on your comments, the designer will revise the draft. Penji’s packages all come with unlimited revisions, so this process can repeat over and over again until you’re satisfied with the graphic.
You can click download, and the design will be saved to your computer.
Because Penji offers “unlimited” graphic design, it’s surely not ideal for ventures or marketers who only need one or two designs per month. Just think about it – would you pay a hefty fee for an all-you-can-eat buffet if you’re not very hungry?
These are the ventures who can best benefit from a Penji subscription:
- Those who need multiple graphic designs per month
- Ventures that can’t afford to hire an in-house graphic designer to handle their design needs
- Businesses that thrive by using high-quality graphics to appeal to an audience
- Entrepreneurs who don’t have the time, energy, and effort to spare to learn the basics of graphic design
If you consider yourself or your venture to be any of the above-mentioned, then a Penji subscription is definitely worth it.
Here are a few hacks to get the most out of your unlimited graphic design service:
- Though Penji’s packages say unlimited, there are still technical limits to how many designs you can request. For instance, if you bought a package that comes with one designer, that person can only work on a project for 24 to 48 hours, depending on complexity. Instead of thinking you have an infinite number of requests available, just focus on the ones you really need.
- The point above also applies to unlimited revisions. Even if you can request as many revisions as you want, it eats up precious time you’ve paid for. That said, you need to provide the designer with a detailed brief to get the design that you want in the smallest time frame possible.
- Last but not least, don’t forget to check the dashboard and respond to your designer on the regular. Because if you don’t, the project will stay on your active projects, and the designer won’t be able to start a new one.
In the end, it’s all about weighing the pros and cons of the graphic design service and examining if it’s the right fit for your venture. Know the ins and outs well before buying a subscription to help ensure that you’ll make your investment well worth it.
- No contracts
- Fast execution
- A bit high price